Never give up. Keep trying.
I prefer the latter statement as it’s affirmative and i usually prefer straying from negating actions. Positives are my thing.
You see, even if you don’t get your desired goal, you’ll find something else.
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.”
-Norman Vincent Peale
While writing this post, my favorite podcaster, Guy Raz spoke at my work.
He’s such a great interviewer, so it was cool seeing the tables flipped.
He happened to talk about failure – perfect timing for my post!
Here were some of my favorite points:
- Resilience and failure are two sides of the same coin.
- Most of us our hardwired to seek validation.
- Daily rejections inoculate you and help you build resilience.
- Once you get a sale all the failures become worth it.
- Reframe failure
- Danger lies in regret
- Scary revolves around risk taking
- Center of gravity in relation to entrepreneurship is changing quickly
- Most people have to learn how to think and act like an entrepreneur.
“Failure is really, really interesting,” said Raz. “I think it also gives hope to people who may not yet have achieved the kind of success they’re hoping to achieve.”
– Guy interviewed in Inc
Entrepreneur is just a fancy word for starting your own business, but you can be an entrepreneur of your own life.
And that makes your attempt a success.
Every entrepreneur excels.
And with that, make like a goat and go get your accelerator on my friend. 😉
“Cut the ribbon of opportunities, not only to celebrate, but also to accelerate…”
-S Roses S
“Always accelerate in life
But never trade it
with your self respect“
When you want to succeed
as bad as you want to breathe
Then you’ll be successful.”