There’s coaching and then there’s therapy. Coaching focuses on the future, therapy on the past.
I enrolled in coaching and it’s been full of learnings.
- Suffering is a part of life.
- Emotions from a new feeling are unexpected and it’s hard to act in the best way when an experience is completely new.
- Growth can come from accepting the emotion.
- Some of the biggest growth moments come from our most painful emotions.
- Having negative emotions isn’t a sign you’re doing anything wrong. It’s a sign of the human experience.
“The marvelous richness of human experience would lose something of rewarding joy if there were no limitations to overcome. The hilltop hour would not be half so wonderful if there were no dark valleys to traverse.“
– Helen Keller
“…The broader one’s understanding of the human experience, the better design we will have.”
Focusing on the future is fun when it’s not overdone. 🙂