Good morning! Here are some tech-y updates:
- How strange- Apple stopped using Google maps because Google refused to allow Apple to use turn-by-turn voice navigation directions. Here’s the screenshots (from Mashable) of Apple maps and Google maps:
- Business Insider gives a raving review of the iPhone 5 – “Closest Thing to Perfect Phone, Ever.”
- Switching things up a bit, happy birthday Google!
- One of the social media power houses, Twitter, seeks to add media rockstars to its board; I really enjoyed reading this article, by Kara Swisher in All Things D.
- Foursquare (my new favorite app, along with Pinterest) rolls out personalized search. This app is going places. (Source)
- Bob Dylan may be warming up to technology. He’s incorporating geolocation into the music world to let fans unlock songs at certain venues and locations.
- Facebook has had problems with “fake likes” on certain pages and is now in the process of deleting them.
- Marissa Mayer is recreating Yahoo in more ways than one. TechCrunch has reports of a recent secret mockup for the home page.
(Source – TechHail)
- And one last update- “12 Tips to Building a Successful Startup Community“. Some of the highlights include killer events, great universities (UVA!), recycled capital, and tech winners.
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu