I’ve been a bit behind on my tech-y updates so here are some major points from the past few days:
- Twitter’s CEO, Jack Dorsey, receives a reduction in his workload and presence in the company because he’s difficult to work with and is too indecisive co-workers claim.
- Ad Age reports Facebook will release a video to celebrate 1 billion users
- A successful millionare answers questions about having money. One tip on saving money – “Every dollar you earn, pretend you only have 25 cents.”
- GigaOm reports AOL will perhaps spin out CrunchBase, a database used by tech companies and startups.
- The ValPak App now syncs with iPhone Passbook so you can keep all coupons in one spot without having to remember to stick that torn half piece of paper in your pocket before leaving the house. Here’s the press release for the Valpak App. Go WillowTree Apps for design and development.
- Pandora spends 55% of its revenue to big time artists. Drake receives $3 million annually.
- Facebook rolls out a ‘Want’ button where users can click through to actually purchase the item.
- Google includes a tribute to Steve Jobs in the Gmail App