Thanks for all the lovely birthday wishes on yesterday’s post! 😀
Last night I noticed I was out of oatmeal, eggs, cereal, and every other breakfast food so I decided to make coconut breakfast quinoa. And lots of it.
- 1 cup quinoa + 2 cups of water (All cooked in the pot for 15 minutes first)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp flax + 3 Tbsp water (used in place of eggs)
- 1 banana (melt for 30 seconds in the microwave)
- 1 Tbsp coconut extract
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp honey + 1 Tbsp all natural sugar (or any sweetener/more honey)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
This recipe is super easy. Just cook the 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of water in a big pot (bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes). Then add the remaining ingredients to the cooked quinoa, stirring it all together. Feel free to add other ingredients like berries or nuts. I refrigerate mine and heat some up in the morning for breakfast.
Now I’ve got my breakfast for the rest of the week. Success!
I made two flavors of spaghetti squash for lunch or dinner this week.
My bulk meal last week revolved around an eggplant.
I added the eggplant to a bunch of cooked veggies.
So my meals have been rather repetitive but the desserts have been on point of course!
Question: Are you a fan of cooking big meals in bulk?
Have a great Tuesday!